Daily Thoughts, Ideas and Updates
(Click headline to read more information.)
60 people attended!
Click on Indivisble tab at the top of this page for more information. Thanks to Leeann Andrews for her leadership in this important endeavor.
Attend the “Indivisible” meeting on Monday, Feb. 20th at 7:30 pm at Headquarters, 3305 Kemp Blvd.
Indivisible – Rachel Maddox -What is it?
Download Indivisible Guide
Make sure that you visit:
- Our webpage http://wichitacountydemocrats.org,
- Our FaceBook page https://www.facebook.com/wichitacountydemocraticparty, and
- Our Twitter presence https://twitter.com/WCDems
Shouting Fire: Stories From the Edge of Free Speech & MLK Speech “I Have A Dream” was well attended, and well received. Thanks.
Call for Texas Silver-Haired Legislature
Speaker Walter Graham announces the call for election of members to the 17th TSHL for 2017-2019 term. Any older Texan, age 60 and over, may file for election provided they are a registered voter living in one of the 123 areas or districts they wish to represent. (Wichita County, presently, has no representation.) http://txshl.org
1. To motivate older citizens to realize that legislative involvement is a primary responsibility of effective citizenship.
2. To help older Texans know that if they are to become a viable political force, they must become informed and knowledgeable about the issues facing our community, state and nation.
3. To develop a forum for older persons to discuss and debate issues concerning not only their own welfare, but also that of others.
4. To educate the Silver-Haired Legislators in their advocacy role in order that they may continue their involvement in legislative matters in their local community.
5. To provide a model legislative body in which the Silver-Haired Legislators will have the opportunity to introduce, discuss, and pass resolutions dealing with major concerns of our state.
6. To work for the passage in the regular Texas Legislature of resolutions adopted by the TSHL, especially those that were prioritized.
TDW Conference is in Austin on Friday-Sunday, Feb 10-12. Learn more about the organizations around the state. We are driving down Friday morning. Anyone else interested, please let us know.
Registration is $135 for members of TDW, $145 for non-members. This includes breakfast, lunch and Gala dinner. Click here to register.